“Mom, I’m bored.” Ever hear these words during the summer?
Never again! When your child attends the fun, productive, and educational summer camp here at Countryside Children’s Academy, they’ll have so much fun every day, they won’t be able to contain their enthusiasm.
Check out the schedule below for our 2018 Summer Camp and enroll your child today!
SUMMER CAMP 2018 – “Little Astronaut”
Your kids will love the summer camp we have planned for this year. It will be a time spent with friends—old and new—having fun, taking on projects, discovering new places and experiencing new things.
This year, our summer camp for kids has chosen the theme…
We are launching a new winter and summer camp curriculum this year designed by Fun Academy and NASA. This curriculum will strengthen our children’s astronaut qualities and teach new skills.
Each day, Little Astronauts will work as a team to learn how the world works and explore STEAM topics. Every week builds upon the previous weeks to strengthen astronaut and teach new skills. Your children will be fascinated as they get to participate in the following activities:
- In-House Science Lab
- Creation of Animated Character and Story-making with Music
- Lego Building
- Gravity Experiment Structure
There will be no lack of good, old-fashioned fun at summer camp, too. Here are some of our perennial favorite activities that your kids will get to do this summer at camp:
- Field Trips
- Funation and Ashburn Curiosity Zone
- In-house Science Lab with Ashburn Curiosity Zone
- Fun In-door and Outdoor Science Experiments
- Learn About Air-Space Science
- Open Discussion and Research on Scientific Topics
- In-house Computer Classes
- Pre-K and K: Basic Computer Skills
- Grade 1 – 6: Creation of Animated Character and Story-making with Music
- Fine Motor Skills
- Assembling, Building, 3D Modeling, etc
- E.g. Gumdrop & Pasta 3D Modeling, Lego Building, Egg Drop, Gravity Experiment Structure, etc
- Wall Arts Station
- Sensory/Hands-on Arts
- Creation of Air and Space Objects
- Twelve Fundamental Movement Skills
- Agility, Striking, Bone Building, Walking, Balancing, Body Coordination, etc
- Other Fun Movement Activities, such as Yoga and Zumba/Dance
ZUMBA AND YOGA FOR KIDS
We practice fitness, too! While there’s a place for mentally stimulating activities, the summer should also be a chance for your child to grow stronger, attain more balance, and improve gross motor skills and sports ability. One of the ways we do this is through our Zumba and Yoga for Kids program. Your children will laugh and move without even realizing they’re working their bodies in targeted ways that boost their development.
Expand your child’s horizons and bring out the wonder with the kinds of activities they will LOVE!
OUR SCHEDULE / NITTY GRITTY DETAILS
When is it? (Dates & Times)
- The dates of our summer camp are June 18 – August 3
- Summer camp fits your work schedule! Drop off as early as 6:00 am, and pick up by 6:30 pm.
What age children do you accept?
Children as young as two can come to our summer camp! Yes, it’s a preschool summer camp, too! Twos, Threes, and Fours will each have classes with kids the exact same age. Kids age five and up will join us in larger age ranges and will be in classes with around 20 kids each.
Is it only for kids enrolled in the daycare, or for anyone in the community?
Anyone can come! We allow outside enrollment for summer camp, so your child doesn’t have to attend our day care to come to summer camp.
What is a typical week like?
In a typical week, we might go swimming, work on a group art project, take a trip to a local park or museum and try out bowling or roller blading. Our weeks are busy and fun and cover a wide range of interests. A popular highlight—and now a CCA tradition—comes at the end of our summer program as we treat all of the children to a trip to the waterpark, complete with a sleepover at the center!
By adopting a different theme for each month, we provide your child with activities and field trips to get them active, keep them thinking, and introduce them to new things.
This is the summer, so first and foremost, we make sure everything we do is fun!
What are you waiting for? Enroll your kids in our daycare today! Call us or fill out our contact form to get started.